A prominent buy-side firm in New York is looking to grow their trading technology team by adding a Business Analyst. The business analyst will focus on pre-trade compliance and risk functionality in support of the trading and risk management teams. They will be working on enhancing existing applications, along with building new applications from the ground up.
- Business analysis and project management of enhancements and new application build-outs
- Business analysis of platform improvements, new feature requests, and new workflows in collaboration with internal stakeholders including technology team leads
- Define detailed user requirements and functional specifications for projects of all sizes.
- Partner with development teams on all aspects of the SDLC for pertinent projects
- Participate in the testing process
- Assist support teams with end user training, adoption of new functionality, and stakeholder communications
- Subject matter expertise of the trading workflows, products in scope, application of the limits the order flow, necessary real-time and static market and reference data, and the related data and order models.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience interfacing directly with trading desks, risk management, and/or compliance within the buy or sell side
- 2-5 years of prior business analysis and project delivery experience within a financial services company
- Strong working knowledge of liquid markets trading and products such as equities, listed options, and/or futures
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Confluence, and JIRA